Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ryan Phillippe. Check it out!
Ryan Phillippe was born on September 10, 1974 in New Castle, Delaware, to Susan (Thomas), a nurse, and Richard Phillippe, a chemical technician. He has three sisters, Kirsten, Lindsay, and Katelyn, and attended New Castle Baptist Academy. Ryan’s acting career began with the soap opera One Life to Live (1968). It was no small role. His character, Billy Douglas, was US daytime television’s first gay teenager. Billy struggled with coming out issues and the town’s anti-gay reactions. After several other television appearances and he began appearing in movies of his own, Nowhere (1997), White Squall (1996) I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997), Cruel Intentions (1999), Crash (2005), Flags of Our Fathers (2006), and Stop-Loss (2008).
Interesting Facts about Ryan Phillippe
- Was in a relationship with Abbie Cornish, having met on the set of Stop-Loss (2008) (August 2006-February 2010).
- His parents’ names are Susan (Thomas) and Richard Phillippe. Richard is a chemical technician and Susan is a nurse working in pre- and post-natal care.
- Graduated from New Castle Baptist Academy, now New Castle Christian Academy in New Castle, Delaware.
- Was in a relationship with Amanda Seyfried (October 2010-May 2011).
- Is a huge fan of Howard Stern and cut school to attend the landmark “funeral” of rival Philadelphia DJ John DeBella in the early ’90s. Through appearances on the show, he has become friendly with sidekick Artie Lange and staff-member J.D. Harmeyer (known for his socially awkward, “nerdy” personality and lifestyle).
- Was considered for a role in The Patriot (2000), but lost out to Heath Ledger.
- Resides in Los Angeles, California.
- Fractured his leg in UTV accident resulting in the season 2 of “Shooter” to be reduced from 10 episodes to 8.
- Has three children; with ex-wife Reese Witherspoon, daughter Ava Phillippe was born on 9 September 1999 and son Deacon Reese on 23 October 2003. They share joint custody. He also has a daughter with one-time girlfriend Alexis Knapp, Kailani “Kai” Merizalde, who was born on 1 July 2011.
- He was the Yearbook Editor in his senior year.
- Packed on 25 pounds of muscle and stopped shaving for 3 months for his role as Parker in The Way of the Gun (2000).
- Declined the Nicholas Brody role offer for Homeland (2011) ultimately taken by Damian Lewis.
Personal Quotes by Ryan Phillippe
My first film goes into production in October. It’s called White Boy Shuffle and it’s based on a novel about a young black kid and it’s sort of reminiscent of Catcher in the Rye.- Ryan Phillippe
I really respond to diversity, a broader landscape, with actors of different ages and races and backgrounds.- Ryan Phillippe
Where you raise your children isn’t as important as how you raise your children.- Ryan Phillippe
I still have sadness and complicated feelings about my divorce. But how beneficial is it to keep hanging onto those feelings? If someone lives through an accident, his aim is to become better and healthy. My aim is always to progress – to make better decisions and be a better father, a better boyfriend, a better husband if it happens again.- Ryan Phillippe