Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sam Worthington. Check it out!
Samuel Henry John Worthington was born August 2, 1976 in Surrey, England. His parents, Jeanne (Martyn) and Ronald Worthington, a power plant employee, moved the family to Australia when he was six months old, and raised him and his sister Lucinda in Warnbro, a suburb of Perth, Western Australia.
Interesting Facts about Sam Worthington
- He won a scholarship to the John Curtin School of Performing Arts in Fremantle, WA.
- In 2009, he got his first Teen Choice Award nomination for Choice Movie Fresh Face Male for Terminator Salvation (2009).
- Sam has blurred vision but he does not wear glasses.
- Was cast in Avatar (2009) after Jake Gyllenhaal and Matt Damon turned down the role.
- His favourite artists include Xavier Rudd and Bernard Fanning.
- Sam was once described as one of Australia’s most likable young leading men by efilmcritic.com.
- Sam was the recipient of the Australians in Film 2009 Breakthrough Award (The Golden Boomerang) presented to him by James Cameron.
- Born in Godalming Surrey, England. Parents moved to Perth, Western Australia when Sam was very young.
- Was a finalist to play James Bond in Casino Royale (2006) before Daniel Craig was cast.
- Said in an interview with Rove McManus that he had no intention of becoming an actor and went to NIDA to support a friend but was pushed through and got through. His friend did not get into NIDA.
- Aside from acting, Sam is a keen surfer.
- Was stylist Natalie Mark’s boyfriend, 2008-2011.
Personal Quotes by Sam Worthington
Actors get to go to these amazing worlds. In ‘Terminator,’ I was a cyborg with feelings; in ‘Avatar,’ I lived for 15 months on a fantastical planet, and in ‘Clash of the Titans,’ I get to fight a scorpion the size of a dump truck. It’s a bizarre job, but you explore yourself.- Sam Worthington
I’m Australian! How much more alpha can you get?- Sam Worthington
Well, I think the world changes around you – I think you don’t change. That’s as simple as that.- Sam Worthington
I like to play board games a lot with my girl, things like that. We attempt to cook. And even if it goes wrong, it doesn’t matter because it’s the time you spend doing it that’s important.- Sam Worthington
I also care that the public are getting their 12 dollars worth when they go to a movie, and that they’re not coming out not wanting to ever see a movie with me in it again. I don’t care what people think of me as a person, but I do care what people think of my work, and whether I’m investing enough into it.- Sam Worthington