Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Shemar Moore. Check it out!
Shemar Franklin Moore (born April 20, 1970) is an American actor and former fashion model. His notable roles are that of Malcolm Winters on The Young and the Restless from 1994 to 2005, Derek Morgan on CBS’s Criminal Minds from 2005 to 2016, and as the third permanent host of Soul Train from 1999 to 2003.
Interesting Facts about Shemar Moore
- Before he hosted Soul Train (1971), he used to watch it as a one-yea-old boy, , when it was hosted by Don Cornelius.
- Attended Henry M. Gunn High School in Palo Alto, CA, graduating in 1988.
- Credits Jeanne Cooper as his favorite acting mentor and Don Cornelius as his favorite television mentor.
- Presented Susan Lucci with her very first (and so far only) Daytime Emmy award for her 19th nomination. After reading the card and before announcing her name, he shouted, “The streak is over!”.
- His uncle, Stephen Wilson, is a teacher at Watertown High School in Watertown, MA..
- Once revealed on Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show (2003) that, in high school, he and his friends referred to his curly long hair in the back as “Curls for the Girls!”.
- Has two dogs: Shug and Moe.
- His mother, a math teacher, moved the family to Denmark when he was six months old for about three years. After that they lived in Bahrain until Shemar was about six years old, where he attended a British private school.
- Graduated from Santa Clara (CA) University, where he majored in communications and played varsity baseball.
- Was a Weakest Link (2001) contestant and was voted off.
- Mother is Caucasian and father is African-American.
Personal Quotes by Shemar Moore
Let a woman have her place, because as you provide foundation for her, she provides a foundation for you. And through that vulnerability comes strength.Shemar Moore
Kim Kardashian is a major player coming off of a reality show, and nobody can turn a blind eye to what she’s accomplished, no matter how you see her.Shemar Moore
You know, I don’t play the race card a lot. I’m half-black, half-white, and I’m proud of – my skin is brown. The world sees me as a black man, but my mother didn’t raise me as a black man. She didn’t raise me as a white guy.Shemar Moore
When I do tie the knot, it will be one time, for good.Shemar Moore
And a lesson in this movie is dig beneath the surface. And so with my words, with my character, I purposely created a character that was away from how you’ve known me thus far in my career.Shemar Moore