Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Stephen Amell. Check it out!
Stephen Amell is a Canadian actor, known for portraying Oliver Queen / Green Arrow in the Arrowverse television franchise (based on the comic character of the same name) and Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016).
Interesting Facts about Stephen Amell
- Stephen’s great-great-great-grandfather, Benjamin Devitt, was Mayor of Waterloo, Ontario, while Stephen’s great-great-grandfather, Louis Jacob Breithaupt, was a manufacturer and political figure in Ontario, who was Mayor of Berlin, Ontario (now Kitchener, Ontario), as was his own father before him. Stephen’s great-great-uncle, Louis’s son Louis Orville Breithaupt, was an MP in the Canadian Parliament, and then a Lieutenant Governor of Ontario from 1952 to 1957.
- Was one of the three finalists to play Spartacus in the show Spartacus after Andy Whitfield was unable to continue playing the character on the hit show.
- He is the second Canadian actor to portray Casey Jones in a live action Ninja Turtles film.
- Is a co-owner of a winery in Washington called Nocking Point.
- He has played the same character (Oliver Queen / Green Arrow) in six different television series: Arrow (2012), The Flash (2014), Supergirl (2015), Vixen (2015), Legends of Tomorrow (2016) and Batwoman (2019).
- Older cousin of Robbie Amell.
- Is a lifelong professional wrestling fan and has been able to go into the ring against famous WWE wrestlers like Stardust and Triple H.
- First child, daughter Mavi Alexandra Jean Amell, was born, October 15, 2013, with wife Cassandra Jean.
- Frequently collaborated with the F*ck Cancer Charity Foundation in an effort to raise money for the organization.
- Started a Crowdrise campaign for first responders and wildfire victims of Southern California fires (2018).
- Alumnus of the AADA (American Academy of Dramatic Arts), Class of 2001.
- He is of English, Scottish, German, and approximately one sixteenth French-Canadian, descent. His family’s surname, “Amell”, was spelled “Hamel” several generations back, and originates in France.
Personal Quotes by Stephen Amell
It’s never me saying, ‘When is my day over?’ It’s more, ‘When do they legally have to get me off of the lot, based on when I have to be back the next day?’ The first call is a big thing in the acting world and in the union world. There needs to be a 12 hour period, and I need it.- Stephen Amell
I started to book good television jobs in 2010. I started to get really close to exceptional jobs in 2011, and then I got ‘Arrow’ in 2012. I know how lucky I am because just getting the lead in a pilot doesn’t guarantee that that pilot is going to turn into something great.- Stephen Amell
Love triangles very rarely stay quiet for very long.- Stephen Amell
I had five years in the business in Canada, and then I came down to the States in February of 2010. I had a good pilot season. I started getting guest star work. I started to get bigger stuff.- Stephen Amell
When I first broke into the acting industry, I taught spinning classes to support myself.- Stephen Amell