Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Taye Diggs. Check it out!
Taye Diggs was born in Newark, New Jersey, and was raised in Rochester, New York. He is the son of Marcia (Berry), a teacher and actress, and Andre Young, a visual artist. When he was a child, his mother married Jeffries Diggs, whose surname Taye took. He received a BFA degree in musical theater from Syracuse University. Taye made his show business debut in the ensemble cast of the five-time Tony Award winning play “Carousel.” Taye Diggs is the oldest of five. His two brothers are musicians, one sister is a dancer and the other is going to college to be a veterinarian.
Interesting Facts about Taye Diggs
- Appeared on stage with his wife Idina Menzel in the shows: “Rent,” “The Wild Party,” and “Wicked.”.
- Has two younger brothers and two younger sisters.
- Graduated from Syracuse University with a BFA in musical theater.
- Starting December 25th, he will be appearing in the musical, Wicked, in New York. His appearance will run until mid January. [December 2003]
- His wife Idina Menzel gave birth to their first child, a boy named Walker Nathaniel Diggs, on September 3, 2009.
- Was a cast member at Tokyo Disneyland before he got the job in “Rent”.
- As of April, 2002 Taye is engaged to Broadway actress and singer Idina Menzel.
- Portrayed Benny, the landlord and former friend of the main characters in the Tony Award winning stage production of “Rent,” and repeated his role in the movie version, Rent (2005).
- Was called “Scottaye” by friends, then shortened his name to “Taye”.
- Taye and his wife, Idina Menzel, are expecting their first child, due later this year [March 31, 2009].
- Began career as a performer at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA.
- Starring in Charles Fuller’s “A Soldier’s Play”, at Second Stage Theater in New York City. The play will run through November 13th. [October 2005]
Personal Quotes by Taye Diggs
On the set I never know what day of the week it is.- Taye Diggs
I’m awful with directions, and I’m not very handy around the house.- Taye Diggs
Live theater is my favorite of all the mediums that I have worked in, so I have every intention on coming back to Broadway.- Taye Diggs
I failed chemistry. I almost failed algebra.- Taye Diggs
I’m always singing and dancing and getting up in people’s faces.- Taye Diggs