Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Teresa Palmer. Check it out!
Actress and model Teresa Palmer has gathered some impressive film credits. She was born in Adelaide, South Australia, to Kevin Palmer, an investor, and Paula Sanders, a former missionary and nurse. She completed high school at Mercedes College in 2003, where she was a popular student who was well-known for her practical jokes. She worked in a Cotton On outlet in Rundle Mall until she was discovered and cast on the spot–without an audition–in her feature film debut and breakthrough role in 2:37 (2006). Made by first-time writer/director/producer Murali K. Thalluri, the film competed in the 2006 Cannes Film Festival in “Un Certain Regard” and chronicles the lives of six students over the course of day and ends in a devastating suicide.
Interesting Facts about Teresa Palmer
- Her first acting job was dressing up as Strawberry Shortcake and Santa’s Little Helper on weekends for promotions in shopping centers near Adelaide.
- Is often confused with Kristen Stewart.
- Used to work at Cotton On retail store.
- Received her first award, “The Rising Star Award”, at the 2015 Maui Film Festival.
- Mother, with husband Mark Webber, of sons Bodhi Rain Palmer (b. February 17, 2014) and Forest Sage Palmer (b. December 12, 2016), and daughter Poet Lake Palmer (b. April 12, 2019).
- When she first auditioned for Bedtime Stories (2008), she was told she wasn’t “Paris Hilton” enough to play the role, but Adam Sandler felt she was right for the role.
- Had pet kangaroos back home in Australia. Her father raised kangaroos. The names of her three kangaroos were Charlie, Radar and Tippi.
- Between December of 2015 and September of 2016 she had ten films set to be released in the US, two of which–The Choice (2016) and Triple 9 (2016)–opened in the same month.
- Grew up in the same city as Sia.
- Has three credits on The Ever After (2014)–star, screenwriter/producer (her debut in those capacities).
- Her wedding dress was a custom Pallas Couture lace gown.
- Was discovered on the street and cast in 2:37 (2006) without an audition and without ever having acted before.
Personal Quotes by Teresa Palmer
As a producer you have creative control, and that’s what is so exciting about it. At the end of the day, if you have made a film it’s totally your responsibility, and if it works it’s your responsibility and if it doesn’t it’s also your responsibility.- Teresa Palmer
I’m very much into animal welfare.- Teresa Palmer
Obviously I don’t have a stylist for everyday stuff, but for a premiere or something usually the studio will hire someone.- Teresa Palmer
As actors we give so much of ourselves away so I like to keep my personal life to myself.- Teresa Palmer
I was so dorky up until I was about 14 or 15 and started to get a little bit cooler, but I was a socks and sandals girl. I would wear big frilly socks with sandals and all the kids would tease me.- Teresa Palmer