Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Theo James. Check it out!
Theo James was born on December 16, 1984 in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom as Theodore Peter James Kinnaird Taptiklis. He is an actor, known for his role as Tobias “Four” Eaton in the films Divergent (2014), Insurgent (2015) and Allegiant (2016). He is also known for his roles as David in Underworld Awakening (2012) and Underworld: Blood Wars (2016) and Will Younger in the Netflix film, How It Ends (2018).
Interesting Facts about Theo James
- He was the lead singer of multiple bands, including, Makora and Shere Khan.
- Previous jobs: Bartender, lifeguard, working for the NHS (National Health Service).
- He enjoys boxing, basketball, rugby and deep sea scuba diving.
- He can play the guitar, harmonica, saxophone and piano.
- Graduated high school from Aylesbury Grammar School and then studied at the University of Nottingham, receiving a degree in Philosophy. He trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
- He is the youngest of five children, having two older brothers and two older sisters.
- He became the brand ambassador for the luxury brand, Hugo Boss, appearing in print ads and commercials. [August 2015]
- He traveled to Greece with UNHCR to learn more about the situation for refugees. [June 2016]
- He is the son of Jane (nee Martin) and Philip Taptiklis. He is of one quarter Greek descent, with the rest of his ancestry being English and Scottish. His paternal grandmother, Barbara Jean Dorothy (nee Keech), was born in West Derby, England and had one quarter of a German ancestry, and his paternal grandfather, Nicholas Theodore Taptiklis, was born in Greece; they moved to New Zealand, where Theo’s father, Philip, was raised. Theo’s mother’s family is from Glasgow, Scotland.
Personal Quotes by Theo James
I’m definitely a joker.- Theo James
New York cops are very specific in terms of the way they talk and the way they handle themselves. All these cliches that, as an Englishman, I thought were from a bygone era or were a bit of poetic license with cop shows – the more you hang out with them, the more you realize how real that jargon is.- Theo James
I’m a pessimist by nature, so I don’t believe something until someone has kind of punched me over the head with it.- Theo James
Divergent’ is a story about people who don’t fit into a category – that is a big part of the message – but it’s also about conformity and forcing people into these simple archetypes. At the end of the day, humans don’t exist like that. We’re multifaceted.- Theo James
I know that everyone wants to know about ‘Downton Abbey,’ but the truth is that it was only a few days out of my life. Still, you play a distinctive part on a hit series, and everyone suddenly knows who you are. Isn’t it crazy how this business works?- Theo James