Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tim Allen. Check it out!
Timothy Allen Dick was born on June 13, 1953, in Denver, Colorado, to Martha Katherine (Fox) and Gerald M. Dick. His father, a real estate salesman, was killed in a collision with a drunk driver while driving his family home from a University of Colorado football game, when Tim was eleven years old. His mother, a community service worker, remarried her high school sweetheart, an Episcopalian deacon, two years after Tim’s father’s death. He was raised with his many siblings and step-siblings. When Tim was young, his family moved to Birmingham, Michigan.
Interesting Facts about Tim Allen
- He turned down the role of Dave Seville in Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007), which went to Jason Lee.
- Tim and his wife, Jane Hajduk, became the parents of their first child, a daughter Elizabeth Allen on March 28, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.
- In 2006, he co-starred in three Disney movies with actor Spencer Breslin: The Shaggy Dog (2006), Zoom (2006) and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (2006). He also was in The Santa Clause 2 (2002) with Breslin.
- Has nine brothers and sisters.
- During the run of Home Improvement (1991), he was often sent shirts and sweaters by various colleges to wear on the air, and he did.
- Owns production company Boxing Cat Films.
- Has one daughter with ex-wife Laura Diebel: Katherine ‘Kady’ Allen.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on November 19, 2004.
- Being thanked at the prestigious Conservatory Theatre Ensemble for his inspirational work [October 2006]
- His character on Last Man Standing (2011) is an avid amateur radio operator. In September 2014, took and passed the Technician Class exam to become a real ham radio operator. His FCC issued license call sign is KK6OTD issued under his real name, Tim Dick.
- On May 24, 1997, he was arrested in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, for drunk driving.
- Shares a hometown (Denver, Colorado) with his Last Man Standing (2011) character, Mike Baxter, and the sitcom, which is set in Denver, though it is shot at CBS Studio Center, 4024 Radford Avenue, Studio City, Los Angeles, California.
Personal Quotes by Tim Allen
Nothing’s as easy as it is on a sitcom. Issues that we take care of in 20 minutes on the show can stretch out over years in real families.– Tim Allen
When somebody tells you they’re not very smart, they’re saying exactly the opposite.– Tim Allen
I have a thing for tools.– Tim Allen
I was gone so much in my first marriage. I love the moments when I engage with my youngest daughter now. It’s not my thing to sit on the ground and play tea party, but I’ll do it because it’s a moment that will stick with me forever.– Tim Allen
Women now have choices. They can be married, not married, have a job, not have a job, be married with children, unmarried with children. Men have the same choice we’ve always had: work, or prison.– Tim Allen