Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tisha Campbell-Martin. Check it out!
Tisha Campbell’s first TV appearance was at the age of 8, on episode #006 of the PBS show The Big Blue Marble (1974). The show featured stories on the life and culture of children from around the world. In her segment, Tisha was shown playing with her brother, going to school with her mother who was also her voice coach, and singing at a jazz concert in New York’s Greenwich Village.
Interesting Facts about Tisha Campbell-Martin
- Her son, Xen, has autism.
- Gave birth to first child, a son, Xen Martin, who weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces. [August 2001]
- Graduated from Newark Arts High School in Newark, New Jersey.
- Gave birth to her second child, a boy named Ezekiel Czar Martin, on September 8th, 2009 in Los Angeles.
- Says she named her son, Xen, with an X, because as she and husband Duane Martin were driving to an ultrasound they were listening to rapper Xzibit, and later in the ultrasound they saw that the baby was in the womb making Xzibit’s signature sign with his arms crossed in an X.
- Daughter of Mona Campbell and Clifton Campbell.
- In Rita Rocks: What’s Love Got to Do with It (2009), she sings the French song “C’est si bon” which was written in 1947 by Henri Betti (music) and André Hornez (lyrics).
- A member of Diva Simply Singing, a group which raises funds for minority AIDS projects.
- [February 22, 2018] Tisha announced on her Twitter account that she and her estranged husband Duane have filed for divorce after 27 years together.
- Oldest of 4 children (including her brother, Jermaine Campbell).
- Her mother, Mona Campbell, is her manager.
- Good friends with Vivica A. Fox, and Tichina Arnold.
Personal Quotes by Tisha Campbell-Martin
In the beginning of my career, all I did was drama, and I couldn’t get arrested doing comedy; nobody would hire me!- Tisha Campbell-Martin
Autistic children are extremely bright if you can connect to them and bring them into our world. Socially it’s really hard for them, but it can happen.- Tisha Campbell-Martin
I became an actress and studied human emotions so that I could give the gift of feelings to my son. This is what my whole journey has been about.- Tisha Campbell-Martin
Although I look really good holding a gun, I can’t shoot. I can’t shoot anything. I’m the worst shot.- Tisha Campbell-Martin
I was diagnosed with a lung disorder that some people walk around with and don’t even know they have. Through early diagnosis, I’m happy to share that I stay healthy with diet and exercise.- Tisha Campbell-Martin