Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Topher Grace. Check it out!
Topher Grace was born Christopher John Grace in New York City, New York, to Pat, a schoolmaster’s assistant, and John Grace, an executive. He was raised in Darien, Connecticut. He attended boarding school in New Hampshire for two years, where he began his acting career in such musicals as “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” and “The Pirates of Penzance.” He also tried his first shot at directing with a choose-your-own-adventure-style movie starring his classmates. He hated being called Chris in school, so he changed it to Topher as time went on. He attended New Hampshire’s Brewster Academy and the University of Southern California.
Interesting Facts about Topher Grace
- Won the 2005 New Power Award for In Good Company (2004) and P.S. (2004).
- Childhood friend of Dave Karger.
- Decided not to come back for the last season of That ’70s Show (1998) and, instead, bought an apartment in New York to be closer to his family and focus on his film career. .
- Enjoys playing tennis and even considered doing it professionally. He also enjoys soccer.
- Attended summer camp with Chloë Sevigny, they appeared in several stage plays together. Though only a few years older, Chloë used to babysit him and his younger sister.
- Heroes are Chris Farley and David Spade.
- Attended the Brewster Academy, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire; boarding school University of Southern California for one year.
- Corey Howard (Glenn Howerton), the central character of the failed That ’80s Show (2002), was the cousin of Topher’s character, Eric Forman, from That ’70s Show (1998).
- Shares the exact birth date and birth year (July 12, 1978) with actress Michelle Rodriguez.
- Attended USC.
- To prepare for his role as Venom in Spider-Man 3 (2007), he worked out for six months, gaining 24 pounds of muscle. He based his performance on alcoholics and drug addicts.
- The directors he wants to work with the most are P.J. Hogan, Peter Sollett, Robert Zemeckis, James Cameron, Sofia Coppola, Steven Spielberg, Clint Eastwood, and Guillermo del Toro.
Personal Quotes by Topher Grace
I really loved when I started doing ’70s Show,’ though I had never acted before, so it was a great training ground being on a sitcom.– Topher Grace
I think it’s good to have a nice, healthy group of people all doing different things. A lot of my friends don’t even work in Hollywood; they just happen to live in L.A.– Topher Grace
Most of my freshman year at USC, I’d just been partying, and I had zero direction.– Topher Grace
I would be a terrible director, I could never write anything. One of my great strengths is that I know all of my weaknesses.– Topher Grace
I have a rule that I won’t Google my own name.– Topher Grace