Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Andrea Riseborough. Check it out!
Andrea Riseborough was born on November 20, 1981 in Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, England as Andrea Louise Riseborough. She is an actress and producer, known for Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014), Oblivion (2013) and Mandy (2018).
Interesting Facts about Andrea Riseborough
- Heads her own all-female production company titled “Mother Sucker”.
- Hailed by the Sunday Times magazine as one of Britain’s finest Rising Stars along with Romola Garai, Matthew Goode, Hugh Dancy, Eddie Redmayne, Gemma Arterton, Hayley Atwell, Richard Coyle, Tom Sturridge, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Eliza Bennett, Daniel Mays and Kaya Scodelario (2009).
- A former contortionist, she is able to coil either leg up behind her head so that the calf is resting against the nape of her neck.
- Named as one of European films’ Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion (2011).
- Her classmates at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA) included Tom Hiddleston and Andrew Buchan.
- In a relationship with with Los Angeles based Street Artist Joe Appel known as Thrashbird since 2009.
- She was awarded the 2006 Ian Charleson Award which recognizes exceptional classical stage performances from actors under 30, for her performances in “Miss Julie” and “Measure for Measure”.
- Attended and graduated from Newcastle upon Tyne Church High School in Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Born in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne and partly raised in Whitley Bay.
- Daughter of George Riseborough and Isabel Johnson.
- Childhood celebrity crush was actor Peter Sellers.
- Younger sister Laura Riseborough studied acting at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and East 15 Acting School.
Personal Quotes by Andrea Riseborough
I think any artist is a perfectionist by their nature.- Andrea Riseborough
Sometimes I can receive the world and regurgitate my version of events easily and sometimes it’s hard.- Andrea Riseborough
When you’re playing a romantic version of a real person, you’re playing a version of the truth.- Andrea Riseborough
Both of my grandfathers fought in the Second World War, and my great-grandfather died at the Somme in the First World War. I never truly believed that the War just finished and everyone was happy-clappy, brought out the bunting, and felt everything was okay again. That’s definitely not my impression of the fall-out of war.- Andrea Riseborough
Sexual inappropriacy in my industry? Absolutely. Almost every week.- Andrea Riseborough