Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jayma Mays. Check it out!
Jamia Suzette Mays was born in Bristol, Tennessee, to Susan (Norris) and James Mays, and was raised in Grundy, Virginia with her older brother and sister. Her father was a high school teacher at Grundy Senior High School for seven years, before spending 25 years working in the coal-mining industry. He is now retired and lives with Jayma’s mother in Bristol.
Interesting Facts about Jayma Mays
- Has appeared on two major network television series, Heroes (2006) and Ugly Betty (2006), within the same the year with the same character name, “Charlie”.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 37, a son named Jude Jones on August 21, 2016. Child’s father is her husband, Adam Campbell.
- Jayma’s all-time favorite television show is The Golden Girls (1985). She has the boxed set and watches it all the time.
- After moving to Los Angeles, California she joined the Knightsbridge Theatre Company where she performed in several stage plays working with them for nearly three years.
- After receiving her B.S. in Performing Arts from Radford University, she completed an apprenticeship with B-Street Theatre in Sacramento, California.
Personal Quotes by Jayma Mays
I love sneakers. I live in Keds.- Jayma Mays
My husband calls me a ginger every single day of my life, so that I’m completely used to it, and I’ve come to see it as a term of endearment.- Jayma Mays
I loved ‘The Carol Burnett Show’ – I thought she was the funniest lady I’d ever seen.- Jayma Mays
I was a big fan of ‘The Smurfs’ growing up, even though by default – my mom used to force me to watch because she was a ‘Smurfs’ fan.- Jayma Mays
When I first moved to L.A., I cleaned apartments after people moved out. When people move, they leave stuff behind and haven’t cleaned for weeks. I like to clean – I have no problem with cleaning – but some apartments were filthy and disgusting. And there’d always be a random flip-flop left somewhere on its own.- Jayma Mays