Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Joan Cusack. Check it out!
Actress Joan Cusack was born in New York City, New York, and is the daughter of Nancy (née Carolan) and Dick Cusack. Her father was an advertising executive, writer and actor, and her mother was a math teacher. Her siblings – Susie Cusack, John Cusack, Ann Cusack and Bill Cusack also act. Her family is of Irish descent.
Interesting Facts about Joan Cusack
- In the film In & Out (1997), where Joan stars alongside Kevin Kline, there is a group dance scene on the song “Macho Man” by The Village People. Years earlier, in Addams Family Values (1993), Joan sings the same song.
- Second son, Miles Burke, born. [July 2000]
- Was supposed to play “Bobbie Markowitz” in The Stepford Wives (2004). When her father became ill, both she and her brother, John Cusack, had to drop out of the film. Bette Midler then got the role.
- In the mid-1980s, was a co-founder of the three woman improv comedy troupe, “An Impulsive Thing,” with Bonnie Hunt and Holly Wortell.
- Husband, Dick Burke, is a Chicago attorney.
- She was nominated for a 1991 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Supporting Role in a Play for “A Midsummer’s Night Dream” at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Cusack was the first regular cast member of Saturday Night Live (1975) (1985-1986 season) to be nominated for an Academy Award. She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her work in Working Girl (1988).
- She and Julianne Moore played pregnant women in Nine Months (1995). In 1997, their own sons were born.
- Shares her birthday (October 11) with Michelle Trachtenberg, her on-screen daughter in Disney’s Ice Princess (2005).
- Has appeared in 10 movies with her brother John Cusack. (2008).
- Has been in five motion pictures with the word Toy in them: Toys, Toy Story 2, Toys in the Attic, Toy Story 3, and the upcoming Toy Story 4.
- One of her conditions for starring in the show What About Joan (2000) was that it had to be produced in Chicago so she would not have to leave her family.
Personal Quotes by Joan Cusack
I think just because life is hard, it does seem fun to have a break and laugh about things, so I think in the end, my instincts go there.- Joan Cusack
Can they do both? That’s a huge balance, I think, with kids- trying to find the right- it’s everything, you know, it’s social life, it’s academics, it’s sports.- Joan Cusack
I play- it’s kind of like a slice-of-life, LA women in their forties, playing forty kind of what’s their friendship like, and what’s their life like and so I just play one of the four friends.- Joan Cusack
It was fun; you know, at this point in my life it’s like, I want to do stuff that’s meaningful.- Joan Cusack