Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jodie Comer. Check it out!
Jodie Comer was born on March 11, 1993 in Liverpool, Merseyside, England. She is known for her work on Killing Eve (2018), Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) and Free Guy (2020).
Interesting Facts about Jodie Comer
- In 2019, at the age of 26, she became the youngest winner of the Emmy in the category “Best Actress in a Drama Series”, a record previously held by Lindsay Wagner, who was 28. One year later, the record was broken by Zendaya, who won the Emmy at the age of 24.
- As of 2019 still lives with her parents Jimmy and Donna in Liverpool where her dad works for Everton Football Club.
- Before her acting career took off, she worked as a checkout girl in a Tesco supermarket and worked in a bar for some time.
- While filming their scenes in Good Cop (2012), Stephen Graham was so impressed by her talent that he proceeded to call his agent Jane Epstein. She then arranged a meeting with Jodie and later became her agent, which kickstarted her acting career. When Jodie won her BAFTA award for Killing Eve (2018), she thanked Graham for introducing her to Epstein and making her career possible.
- Is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan.
- Jodie’s “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” Emmy for Killing Eve (2018) was presented to her by Gwyneth Paltrow.
- She got the call to audition for Killing Eve (2018) while nursing a hangover, following a party night with friends at a music festival in Barcelona. Despite feeling that she had little chances, she took the 13-hour flight to Los Angeles anyway. After five minutes in reading with Sandra Oh, she landed the part.
- She is a supporter of Tyred, a road safety charity that campaigns to outlaw old coach tyres.
- Attended St Julie’s Catholic High School in Liverpool with British track & field athlete Katarina Johnson-Thompson.
- She turned down the chance to appear in Strictly Come Dancing (2004). Instead, she went with her mother and her grandmother to the studio to watch it live.
- Jodie’s cinematic crush is Paul Rudd, especially his character Peter from I Love You, Man (2009).
Personal Quotes by Jodie Comer
My mum used to always say to me, ‘What’s meant for you won’t pass you by,’ and it’s true. If I didn’t get something, it wasn’t meant for me.- Jodie Comer
I grew up watching Keira Knightley films nonstop, and I always admired period dramas and just everything that goes into it.- Jodie Comer
You have to be confident enough to pick yourself up and go to 30 meetings and be told no every time and not take that to heart.- Jodie Comer
I don’t think talent or an instinct for acting is something you can teach.- Jodie Comer
I was a natural drama queen when I was younger. I was always doing impersonations and showing off.- Jodie Comer