Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Justin Timberlake. Check it out!
Justin Randall Timberlake was born on January 31, 1981, in Memphis, Tennessee, to Lynn (Bomar) and Randall Timberlake, whose own father was a Baptist minister. At the age of 11, he appeared on the show Star Search (1983), and even though he didn’t win, it didn’t dampen his ambitions. He also appeared on The All New Mickey Mouse Club (1989), where his costars included Britney Spears, Ryan Gosling, Keri Russell, Christina Aguilera and future band-mate J.C. Chasez. At age 14, Justin became a member of the boy band *NSYNC. In 1998, the group released their self-titled debut album. They became a big hit with fans and made a place for themselves in the music world with a succession of big-selling albums. In the beginning of 2002, Justin spent time working on and writing songs for his debut solo album. During this time, he broke up with his longtime girlfriend, Britney Spears. The release of the solo album, titled “Justified”, came in November of 2002. Songs from his solo album include: “Like I Love You”, “Cry Me A River” and “Rock Your Body”.
Interesting Facts about Justin Timberlake
- Ranked in Golf Digest’s “Top 100 in Music” (December 2006 issue) as tied for 15th place with Jason Scheff of Chicago and Darius Rucker of Hootie & the Blowfish, with a 6 handicap.
- His parents are divorced. He has two half-brothers from his fathers re-marriage with Lisa Perry: Jonathan (born c. 1993) and Steven Robert (born August 14, 1998). His half-sister Laura Katherine, died shortly after birth on May 14, 1997, and is mentioned in his acknowledgments in the album *NSYNC as “My Angel in Heaven.”.
- Co-wrote “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” with J.C. Chasez from *NSYNC’s Christmas album, “Home For Christmas”.
- His father Randall, a choir director at a Baptist church, is married to Lisa.
- Didn’t invite his former NSYNC band members to his wedding to Jessica Biel.
- Was in a relationship with Jessica Biel (January 2007-March 2011).
- Best friend is Trace Ayala, his personal assistant.
- Named as the most eligible bachelor in America. [July 2002]
- Supports the English football team Manchester United FC “The Red Devils”.
- His mom thought of the name *NSYNC, using the last letter of each original member’s first name: justiN, chriS (Chris Kirkpatrick), joeY (Joey Fatone), jasoN (Jason Watkins sang bass prior to Lance Bass joining the group) and j.C. (J.C. Chasez).
- Voted #2 in Elle (France) Magazine’s “15 Sexiest Men” poll (June 2007).
- On tour with Timbaland (aka Timbaland) for his FutureSex/LoveShow 2007 Tour. [February 2007]
Personal Quotes by Justin Timberlake
That’s something I learned from both my stepdad and my grandfather – that there is a thing called chivalry, and it doesn’t have to die with the birth of the Internet. The way I see it, if you’re asking a girl out on a date, it’s only right to do it in a way that she can hear your voice.- Justin Timberlake
I was raised in a very humble environment, and I was always taught to be humble to the things that are happening in my life because they’re blessings. They’re blessings in every way. Whether you’re able to help someone get through a tough time in their life through your music or through comedy, or whatever it is, you’re just a channel.- Justin Timberlake
The many sounds of Memphis shaped my early musical career and continue to be an inspiration to this day.- Justin Timberlake
I have 20,000 girlfriends, all around the world.- Justin Timberlake
If there were something that I was going to endorse, it would probably be something like sneakers.- Justin Timberlake