Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Luis Guzmán. Check it out!
Actor of Puerto Rican descent who gained fame making many memorable films in the 1980s and 1990s due to his villainous physical appearance. Guzmán born in August 28, 1956 in Cayey, Puerto Rico, but he raised in New York City’s Greenwich Village, as well as the surrounding Lower East Side neighborhood. His mother Rosa was a hospital worker and his stepfather Benjamin Cardona was a TV repairman. Presently resides with his wife and many kids in Vermont.
Interesting Facts about Luis Guzmán
- Formerly of Cabot, VT, now resides elsewhere in the “Northeast Kingdom” area of the state. 
- In the show Community, he is portrayed as a former student of Greendale. Ironically he attended City College the rival school of Greendale.
- Last name is pronounced gooz-MAHN.
- Friends with Debra Messing.
- Born in Puerto Rico, but grew up in the East Village section of Manhattan, in New York City. In an interview, he explained that his mother traveled to New York fifteen minutes after his birth.
- He and Chuck Zito are the only actors to appear in both Carlito’s Way (1993) and its prequel, Carlito’s Way: Rise to Power (2005).
- Frequently associated with crime movies, either playing thugs or cops.
- He prefers his first name pronounced LOO-ee.
- Was considered for the role of Willie Lopez in Ghost (1990). The role went to Rick Aviles instead. Their resemblance is so uncanny that people often ask Luis why he “killed” Patrick Swayze. He has to explain to them that it wasn’t him, it was Rick.
- Although he played the father of Nicholas Turturro on two episodes of NYPD Blue (1993), he is in fact only five years older than Turturro.
- Performed in several spots for Cabot Cheese, which is based near where he lives in Cabot, Vermont, living the life of a gentleman farmer.
- Frequently cast by film director Steven Soderbergh.