Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mel Gibson. Check it out!
Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson was born January 3, 1956 in Peekskill, New York, USA, as the sixth of eleven children of Hutton Gibson, a railroad brakeman, and Anne Patricia (Reilly) Gibson (who died in December of 1990). His mother was Irish, from County Longford, while his American-born father is of mostly Irish descent.
Interesting Facts about Mel Gibson
- On 27 January 1997, nine lesbian and gay filmmakers met with Gibson on the set of Conspiracy Theory (1997). Conceived and sponsored by GLAAD, the day long event gave the filmmakers the opportunity to meet with director Richard Donner, producer Joel Silver, and co-stars Patrick Stewart and Julia Roberts. A 40-minute lunch with Gibson, however, found the filmmakers not only discussing the inner workings of the industry but also Gibson’s troubled relationship with the lesbian and gay community.
- Son of the controversial Hutton Gibson and Anne Gibson.
- His favourite films include, The Big Country (1958), Double Indemnity (1944), and Spartacus (1960)
- Father-in-law of Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
- He was the first Australian actor to be paid $1,000,000 for a film role.
- Attended drama school with Judy Davis. They played Romeo and Juliet together.
- In April, 2009, made a first public appearance together with his girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva who was then three-months pregnant with his child.
- Has his own private chapel in his grounds, where he attends mass every day.
- According to fan magazines of the day, his father moved the family to Australia to lessen his sons’ chances of serving in Vietnam.
- Received the Chairman’s Visionary Award from Latin Business Association Chairman Rick Sarmiento during the 2006 Latino Global Business Conference and Digital Expo in Beverly Hills, California, on 2 November 2006. Gibson’s appearance marked his first public appearance since his DUI arrest on 28 July in Malibu.
- Is expecting his ninth child with girlfriend Rosalind Ross. It is the ninth child for him and the first child for her.[September 2016].
- Was spoofed in both South Park (1997) and Family Guy (1999), and both of the times he was spoofed, there was a reference to the Looney Tunes cartoons. In South Park: The Passion of the Jew (2004), his character acts a lot like Daffy Duck in the cartoon Yankee Doodle Daffy (1943), while scaring Stan and Kenny, in the hopes that they will both torture him. And in the Family Guy: North by North Quahog (2005), he chases Peter and Lois Griffin to the top of Mount Rushmore and is tricked into walking off a ledge, to which he plummets to the ground, very much like Wile E. Coyote does in several cartoons.
Personal Quotes by Mel Gibson
It’s a wise man who understands that every day is a new beginning, because boy, how many mistakes do you make in a day? I don’t know about you, but I make plenty. You can’t turn the clock back, so you have to look ahead.- Mel Gibson
What I need to do to heal myself and to be assuring and allay the fears of others and to heal them if they had any heart wounds from something I may have said.- Mel Gibson
You ask anybody what their number one fear is, and it’s public humiliation. Multiply that on a global scale, and that’s what I’ve been through.- Mel Gibson
I think digital will displace film, yes. We’re talking about digital as a thing of the future, but I’m afraid that it’s here.- Mel Gibson
Feminists don’t like me, and I don’t like them.- Mel Gibson