Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Molly Ringwald. Check it out!
Molly Ringwald was born in Roseville, California, to Adele Edith (Frembd), a chef, and Robert Ringwald, a blind jazz pianist. Her ancestry includes German, English, and Swedish. She released an album at the age of 6 entitled, “I Wanna Be Loved By You, Molly Sings”. She is the youngest daughter of Bob Ringwald, the blind jazz pianist. At age five she starred in a stage production of “Alice in Wonderland”, playing the dormouse.
Interesting Facts about Molly Ringwald
- Family: dad, Robert Ringwald; mom, Adele; older sister, Beth Ringwald; older brother, Kelly.
- Judged the Tropfest film festival 2000 in Australia.
- At the beginning of her film collaboration with John Hughes, she was driving a silver VW Rabbit convertible. By the time it ended with Pretty in Pink (1986), she was driving a white BMW.
- Married to Panio Gianopoulos, a book editor and a writer. Younger than Ringwald, he published an elegiac essay about romancing older women called “Confessions of a Boy Toy” in a recent anthology.
- She acted with Mindy Cohn on The Facts of Life (1979) and then, 30 years later, on The Secret Life of the American Teenager (2008).
- She revealed at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards (2005) that she’s having negotiations about a sequel to Sixteen Candles (1984).
- “Ereni” (eeh-ree-nee) her daughter’s middle name means “Peace” in Greek
- Because her name is so associated with the “brat pack” movies of the 1980s, there is a band that plays covers of ’80s hits called “The Molly Ringwalds.”
- Has very fond memories of Pretty in Pink (1986). She lists it as her favorite film, and says her kiss with Andrew McCarthy at the very end is her favorite on screen kiss.
- Turned down the Julia Roberts role in Pretty Woman (1990) and the Demi Moore role in Ghost (1990)
- Grew up singing for her father’s (Robert Ringwald) traditional and swing bands in Sacramento. Conrad Janis [Mork & Mindy (1978)] also played part time in the band.
- Auditioned for one of the lead roles in Ghost (1990). The character she was tested for was ironically named Molly. (That part ultimately went to Demi Moore, a fellow member of the so-called Brat Pack.)
Personal Quotes by Molly Ringwald
I do regret, as I described in my book, the time that I shaved off half of my eyebrows thinking that I could draw them in better – and they would grow back anyway.– Molly Ringwald
I’m so associated with being young and being with a teenager.– Molly Ringwald
The cover I was really excited about was ‘Seventeen’ magazine. To me, it was much bigger than ‘Time.’ ‘Seventeen’ was where I wanted to be.– Molly Ringwald
I think when people hear about a celebrity writing a book of any kind, the assumption is that it was dictated to a ghostwriter.– Molly Ringwald
People feel like they grew up with me.– Molly Ringwald