Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sarah Paulson. Check it out!
Sarah Paulson was born on December 17, 1974 in Tampa, Florida, to Catharine Gordon (Dolcater) and Douglas Lyle Paulson II. She spent most of her early years in New York and Maine, before settling in Manhattan to attend the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and the High School for Performing Arts. Although she made her Broadway debut in “The Sisters Rosensweig” and performed in the off-Broadway “Talking Pictures”, she debuted on the small screen in late 1994 in a guest shot on NBC’s Law & Order (1990), then, in the following spring, landed her first TV-movie role in CBS’ Äntligen vänner (1995) and finally became a TV series regular by fall 1995.
Interesting Facts about Sarah Paulson
- Paulson was diagnosed with melanoma on her back when she was 25. The growth was later removed before the cancer could spread.
- She is a lifelong liberal Democrat.
- Her mother, who was a debutante in Florida, moved Sarah and her sister to New York, where her mother supported her two children by working as a waitress.
- Is best friends with Amanda Peet.
- Moved from South Tampa, Florida to New York City at the age of five.
- Sister of casting director Liz Paulson.
- Suffers from trypophobia (fear of holes), especially bees, honeycombs, sponges, etc. Clusters of holes bother her most.
- Her paternal great-grandfather was the son of Danish parents (the origin of her surname). Her other ancestry includes English, Scottish, Welsh, German, and French.
- In The Other Sister (1999) Sarah did an impersonation of Flipper. She used this same skill for a dolphin character in Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (2006).
- “Varya” in “The Cherry Orchard” in 2006 at the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles with Annette Bening, Alfred Molina, ‘Francis Fischer’, Rebecca Mozo and Jennifer Dundas. [February 2006]
- Nominated for the 2018 Emmy Award in the Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie category for her role as Ally Mayfair-Richards in American Horror Story (2011) (Cult), but lost to Regina King from Seven Seconds (2018).
- Tattoos on the nape of her neck: Stars, crowned with letter “C”. The letter “C” is related to the name of Sarah’s mother Catharine Paulson. Sarah said in an interview that considers her mother as her hero.
Personal Quotes by Sarah Paulson
My mother had a cotillion, but she wanted to be bohemian.- Sarah Paulson
All of my friends went to college, and I got a job at Circle Pizza, where I worked for 24 hours. I had to call my mother four times to ask her how to spell Parmesan. I’m not kidding. I was a terrible speller.- Sarah Paulson
Being in a hotel room and watching ‘The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ is one of my great joys.- Sarah Paulson
To not have any hope is where things start to get really bleak. Things are possible. The impossible can be possible.- Sarah Paulson
My choices in life have been unconventional, and that’s my business. But I do want to live responsibly and truthfully without hiding.- Sarah Paulson