Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Toni Collette. Check it out!
Toni Collette is an Academy Award-nominated Australian actress, best known for her roles in The Sixth Sense (1999) and Little Miss Sunshine (2006).
Interesting Facts about Toni Collette
- On the show Who Do You Think You Are? (2008), Toni discovered that her biological paternal grandfather was likely an American serviceman with whom her grandmother, Norma Ruby (McWhinney), had had a relationship, while ending her marriage to Toni’s legal grandfather, Harold Stanley Collett. As of the show’s airing in 2015, Toni did not know the name of her biological grandfather, and at the end of the episode, Toni showed a picture of the man and asked the public if anyone can recognize him.
- Though she vowed not to gain any more weight for movie roles, director Curtis Hanson convinced her to gain twenty-five pounds for her role in In Her Shoes (2005). She believed it was important to her character’s personality.
- Dropped out of Australia’s NIDA (National Institute of Dramatic Arts) in order to make her first film Spotswood (1991).
- Shares her birth date (November 1, 1972) with actress Jenny McCarthy.
- Toni sings with her band, called “The Finish”, and her husband, Dave Galafassi, is the Drummer.
- Returned to work 9 months after giving birth to her daughter Sage in order to begin filming Mary and Max (2009).
- Was romantically linked to actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers while the pair played a couple in Velvet Goldmine (1998).
- Was 5 months pregnant with her son Arlo when she completed filming on the third series of United States of Tara (2009).
- Played the mother for both Haley Joel Osment and Abigail Breslin in their Oscar nominated roles (The Sixth Sense (1999) and Little Miss Sunshine (2006)).
- Performs “Throw Your Arms Around Me”, “Don’t Dream It Over” and “Stand By Me” in the film, Cosi (1996).
- Starred as Sonya in the Sydney Theatre Company’s 1992 Production of Anton Chekhov’s “Uncle Vanya”.
- Gave birth to her daughter, Sage Florence Galafassi, by her husband Dave Galafassi, on 9 January 2008.
Personal Quotes by Toni Collette
I like being married, but it was never something I felt I had to do.- Toni Collette
Cameron and I actually do wear the same size. It made it very easy for the wardrobe department.- Toni Collette
I’m very happy with my lot. I like the variety I get. You don’t want to spend your life repeating yourself. It’s true of any kind of artist, you want to explore as wide and far as you can go, so that’s what I’ve been trying to do.- Toni Collette
I think that the Japanese culture is one of the very few cultures left that is its own entity. They’re just so traditional and so specific in their ways. It’s kind of untouched, it’s not Americanized.- Toni Collette
Meditation is an essential aspect of my life.- Toni Collette