Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Brandon Routh. Check it out!
Brandon James Routh (pronounced like “south”) was born in Des Moines, Iowa, and grew up in nearby Norwalk. He is the son of Catherine LaVonne (Lear), a teacher, and Ronald Wayne Routh, a carpenter. Routh has English, Scottish, and German ancestry. He attended the University of Iowa and starred in many productions at the Norwalk Theater of Performing Arts. His first professional acting role was in the ABC television series Odd Man Out (1999), and he went on to guest star in the series Gilmore Girls (2000) and Undressed (1999). In his spare time, Routh enjoys playing soccer and basketball, swimming, biking and reading.
Interesting Facts about Brandon Routh
- Stepbrother-in-law of J.R. Orci.
- After being cast as Superman for Superman Returns (2006), he sought out a movement coach to help him create the proper body language for the Superman character.
- Frequently says that the only good thing that came of his several years of struggling to find success in Hollywood was meeting his long-time girlfriend, Courtney Ford, in a coffee-shop after another failed audition. They became engaged in August 23, 2006, and married on November 24, 2007.
- Went to high school with Aquaman, Jason Momoa in Norwalk, Iowa.
- His brother is a police officer in Des Moines.
- Attended the International Model and Talent Association (IMTA).
- Is a descendant of William Brewster (c. 1566-1644), a noted Pilgrim, and wife Mary, who came over to Massachusetts, America, as Mayflower passengers. Other descendants are, Jordana Brewster, Isabella Brewster and Paget Brewster, making all four of them distant cousins of one another.
- Can play the trumpet and piano.
- Unlike fellow Superman actors Christopher Reeve and Tom Welling, he is a huge Superman fan. As a kid, he collected the comics, owned the films, and even wore Superman pajamas.
- Dressed up as Batman for Halloween 2004.
- Cites Braveheart (1995) as his all-time favorite film.
- Attended the University of Iowa
Personal Quotes by Brandon Routh
If I become defensive and upset right away, then that’s going to adversely affect how I deal with it and it’s probably not going to be good press for me and probably be bad just because I’m angry. Just be open and pleasant.- Brandon Routh
Well no, I think we won’t have that problem but as far as paparazzi I’m speaking, I will deal with that.- Brandon Routh
My interests were in fantasy more than comics growing up.- Brandon Routh
I knew very early on that there would be quite a bit of attention: Superman is known all over the place.- Brandon Routh
I’m kind of looking for something with a lot less action and more talking and listening.- Brandon Routh