Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Guy Ritchie. Check it out!
Guy Ritchie was born in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK on September 10, 1968. After watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) as a child, Guy realized that what he wanted to do was make films. He never attended film school, saying that the work of film school graduates was boring and unwatchable. At 15 years old, he dropped out of school and in 1995, got a job as a runner, ultimately starting his film career. He quickly progressed and was directing music promos for bands and commercials by 1995.
Interesting Facts about Guy Ritchie
- Attended the wedding of Catherine Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William.
- He and wife Madonna adopted a boy from Malawi, David Banda Mwale Ciccone Ritchie (born September 24, 2005). They filed the adoption papers on October 10, 2006, and the adoption was finalized on May 28, 2008.
- After months of speculation, he and Madonna announced their separation. [October 2008]
- Gwyneth Paltrow was the maid of honor at his wedding to Madonna.
- Stepmother, Shireen Ritchie, is chairwoman of the ultra-chic Kensington and Chelsea Conservative Association (UK).
- Parents divorced when he was 5 years old.
- Has 5 children: son, Rocco Ritchie (b. August 11, 2000) & adopted son, David Banda Mwale Ciccone Ritchie (b. September 24, 2005) with ex-wife, Madonna and son, Rafael Ritchie (b. September 5, 2011), daughter, Rivka Ritchie (b. November 29, 2012) & son, Levi Ritchie (b. June 8, 2014) with wife, Jacqui Ainsley.
- He has expressed a desire to direct the sequel to Suicide Squad (2016).
- Matthew Vaughn was best man at his wedding to Madonna.
- Dropped out of school when he was 15.
- Was originally set to direct Layer Cake (2004), but dropped out due to other commitments. It was directed by his previous collaborator Matthew Vaughn.
- During the MTV Movie Awards, Will Smith arrived on a horse to perform the song from Wild Wild West (1999) and the horse accidentally stepped on Guy’s foot, injuring him.
Personal Quotes by Guy Ritchie
Other than the fact that I like a country house, I can’t think of anything I’d want to spend my money on.- Guy Ritchie
We can all be conned but at what point do we realize that we’re being conned and to what point do we allow ourselves to be conned?- Guy Ritchie
What I liked about American movies when I was a kid was that they’re sort of larger than life and I think I’m still suffering from that reaction.- Guy Ritchie
In fact, 95% of the people in my films have been nothing less than a pleasure to work with.- Guy Ritchie
It’s about not letting the internal enemy, the real enemy, have his way because the more he does the stronger he becomes. The film’s about the devastating results that can manifest from the internal enemy being unbridled and allowed to unleash chaos.- Guy Ritchie