Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Courteney Cox. Check it out!
Courteney Cox was born on June 15th, 1964 in Birmingham, Alabama, into an affluent Southern family. She is the daughter of Courteney (Bass) and Richard Lewis Cox (1930-2001), a businessman. She was the baby of the family with two older sisters (Virginia and Dottie) and an older brother, Richard, Jr. She was raised in an exclusive society town, Mountain Brook, Alabama. Courteney was the archetypal daddy’s girl, and therefore was understandably devastated when, in 1974, her parents divorced, and her father moved to Florida.
Interesting Facts about Courteney Cox
- Ranked #18 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002).
- Along with Jennifer Aniston, they are the only central members of the Friends (1994) cast to have received an actual acting Razzie nomination. Courtney was nominated for Worst Supporting Actress for the film 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001). Jennifer Aniston was nominated for Worst Actress for the films, The Switch (2010) and The Bounty Hunter (2010). The other cast members (except for Matthew Perry) have received nominations in categories such as Worst Screen Couple and Worst New Star.
- Had eight miscarriages between 2001-2010 during her marriage to David Arquette. Her first miscarriage happened in 2001, before her daughter Coco was born; the next seven miscarriages happened after Coco’s birth. The eighth miscarriage happened in August 2010.
- Was voted Best Dressed Female Television Star (1997).
- Was six months pregnant, with her daughter Coco, when she completed filming on the final season of Friends (1994).
- She can play the piano and drums.
- On June 25, 2004, Courteney announced she and husband David Arquette are launching a production company called Coquette.
- She appeared in Bruce Springsteen’s video for Dancing In The Dark when she was a teenager. She was in the front row with her friends when Bruce offered Courtney his hand, pulled her up on stage, and started dancing with her.
- Alfonso Ribeiro credits Courtney Cox for his infamous dance, “The Carlton”. While working on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990), he did an exaggerated version of Cox’s “Dancing in the Dark” dance, whenever his Carlton Banks character was excited or celebrating.
- Is one of three actors – along with David Arquette and Neve Campbell – to appear in all four Scream films.
- Went into labor on her fifth wedding anniversary, June 12, 2004, and gave birth to her daughter the next day, two days before her 40th birthday.
- Good friends with Laura Dern, Sheryl Crow and Ellen DeGeneres.
Personal Quotes by Courteney Cox
It’s not like I let people do things for me, so I guess you can call me a control freak, or you can call me passionate.- Courteney Cox
Is marriage for ever? I think you get married with the intention that it will be, but who knows?- Courteney Cox
I get pregnant pretty easily, but I have a hard time keeping them.- Courteney Cox
I would like to do a part that would stretch me. In America it seems to me that you just take your clothes off and that helps, but I wouldn’t want to do that.- Courteney Cox
I don’t like venison or sushi – I don’t want to eat what some people think are ‘luxurious’ foods.- Courteney Cox