Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Dakota Fanning. Check it out!
Hannah Dakota Fanning was born on the 23rd of February 1994, in Conyers, Georgia, USA, to Heather Joy (Arrington) and Steven Fanning. Her mother played professional tennis, and her father, now an electronics salesman, played minor league baseball. She is of German, Irish, English, French, and Channel Islander descent. Before her debut into the cinematic world, Dakota did her own acting around her house. She was very active for her age, and often put a blanket under her shirt and pretended to be having a baby, using her younger sister, Elle Fanning, who is also an actress now, as the baby. Dakota went to a playhouse near her home, where the children that attended put on a play every week to show to their parents. But the people running the playhouse noticed that Dakota stood out, and advised her parents to take her to an agency. They believed that she was extremely talented.
Interesting Facts about Dakota Fanning
- While filming Push (2009) in Hong Kong, she wasn’t recognized.
- Seeing model Jamie Strachan publicly as of September 2013.
- Began kindergarten at the age of four and one-half. She began her freshman year of high school (the 9th grade) in fall 2007.
- Missed the premiere of Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (2005) to go to Mexico while her sister Elle Fanning filmed Babel (2006).
- During the filming of War of the Worlds (2005), the airplane crash set was Dakota’s favorite set.
- While living in Georgia, Dakota attended a Montessori School, where she learned to read at the age of two.
- Appeared in one film nominated for the the Best Picture Oscar: Once Upon a Time… In Hollywood (2019).
- Her father named her Dakota, her mother named her Hannah. She then was named Hannah Dakota Fanning.
- Dakota is a huge fan of Hello Kitty, and she states that she has gotten into it more now she has gotten older.
- While she was filming Man on Fire (2004) in Mexico, her sister Elle Fanning was filming The Door in the Floor (2004), so their parents had to go to and from their daughters’ destinations.
- She became close friends with Tom Cruise after working with him on War of the Worlds (2005).
- In 2007, Forbes magazine estimated her earnings for the year to be $4 million.
Personal Quotes by Dakota Fanning
I learned to read at two. I was in a Montessori school and they teach you to read really, really young.- Dakota Fanning
My dad named me Dakota and my mom came up with my first name Hannah. So it’s Hannah Dakota Fanning.- Dakota Fanning
The hardest thing is at the end you have to say bye to all these people who you have worked with for so many months. It was really sad not to see them anymore. But you have the parties that you go to and you get to see them, like the premieres and the screenings.- Dakota Fanning
I’ve always wanted to be an actress, ever since I was a little girl. I’ve always played the mom and I play my sister as the daughter. I wanted to be an actress on television and movies instead of just around the house.- Dakota Fanning
It’s just such an honor to say that I was in something by Steven Spielberg. I feel so blessed I got to meet such great people, and I got to go to a beautiful place, Vancouver, and I had a great time.- Dakota Fanning