Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Hilarie Burton. Check it out!
Hilarie was born and raised in Sterling Park, Virginia. She is the oldest of four children and describes her family as tight-knit. Hilarie developed a passion for acting early in life. Shortly after moving to New York to go to school and pursuing her acting dream, she landed the coveted job of VJ at MTV. She won a guest spot interviewing on the red carpet for MTV and did so well she ended up with a job.
Interesting Facts about Hilarie Burton
- Residing in Wilmington, North Carolina, working on the 2nd season of One Tree Hill (2003). [September 2004]
- Was a bridesmaid at the wedding of One Tree Hill (2003) costar Danneel Ackles.
- Filming season 6 of One Tree Hill (2003). [June 2008]
- In Wilmington filming season 5 of One Tree Hill (2003). [August 2007]
- Her One Tree Hill (2003) character, Peyton, works with her mother Ellie (Sheryl Lee), who battles breast cancer, on a compilation CD called “Friends with Benefit” to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation. That CD was actually released as a tie-in album, with a portion of its proceeds going directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation to assist in their efforts to promote early-detection awareness among young women.
- When she got her role on One Tree Hill (2003) in North Carolina, she worked Monday through Thursday, and then returned every Friday back to New York to work on MTV.
- In a relationship with Jeffrey Dean Morgan since 2009. They have two children together – a son Augustus “Gus” Morgan (b. March 2010) and a daughter George Virginia Morgan (b. February 16, 2018). In a July 2015 interview with The Philippine Daily Inquirer, Morgan said that despite media reports to the contrary, he and Burton were not yet married but that they intended to wed when he could get enough time off from work.
- Her hobbies are collecting antiques, knitting, and crocheting.
- Her favorite TV show is Freaks and Geeks (1999); she travels with the DVD boxed set.
- According to Teen People magazine, her worst vice is cussing.
- She has a cat named Poe (named after writer Edgar Allan Poe).
- Was not allowed to watch MTV growing up.
Personal Quotes by Hilarie Burton
I move around a lot. I’ve lived in a ton of different places – and only for a month or two at a time. I have a deep, rabid curiosity, so I like having a gypsy life.- Hilarie Burton
I grew up at the base of a mountain in Virginia, so my comfort zone is that Appalachian area, where all the dudes wear Carhartt and all the women can put on a beautiful sweater with a snowman applique and nobody raises an eyebrow.- Hilarie Burton
One Tree Hill’ was my very first television audition; it was a fairytale. I feel really lucky to have that level of success right out of the gate.- Hilarie Burton
Isn’t Googling someone the first thing everyone does?! They meet someone new and Google them!- Hilarie Burton
I’ve named a couple things after Edgar Allan Poe: the cat, and my garden upstate, where I only planted black flowers and purple flowers – and there’s a raven statue.- Hilarie Burton