Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jenna Dewan. Check it out!
Jenna Dewan is an actress, former model, and dancer. She was born on December 3, 1980 in Hartford, Connecticut, to Nancy (Bursch) and Darryll Dewan. Her father is of half Syrian Lebanese and half Polish descent, and her mother has German and English ancestry. Jenna grew up in Grapevine, Texas and discovered a love for dancing at the age of five. She is a graduate of Grapevine High School and has also attended the University of Southern California, where she was a member of Pi Beta Phi. Jenna was discovered by a dance agent and toured alongside some of the greatest in music entertainment, most notably Janet Jackson and Ricky Martin. She has also appeared in several music videos for artists such as Justin Timberlake, Mandy Moore and Missy Elliott. She has also appeared in several television sitcoms, including Quintuplets (2004), The Young and the Restless (1973) and Joey (2004). Jenna is most noted for her role as Nora Clark in the movie, Step Up (2006), in which she played an accomplished dancer.
Interesting Facts about Jenna Dewan
- Engaged to Channing Tatum. [September 2008]
- Returned to work 2 months after giving birth to her daughter Everly to begin filming the 1st season of Witches of East End (2013).
- Has a dog named “Meeka” with her husband Channing Tatum.
- (0ctober 26, 2018) Filed for divorce from her husband of 9 years Channing Tatum six months after the two announced their split. Dewan made the filing in Los Angeles citing irreconcilable differences, according to court documents. Her lawyer Samantha Spector submitted the documents in which Dewan asks for joint legal and physical custody of their 5-year-old daughter Everly. Tatum filed a response in which he also requested joint physical and legal custody of Everly. Dewan is also seeking child support and spousal support from Tatum. She also requested for her name to be restored to Jenna Dewan, instead of Jenna Dewan Tatum.
- Her father’s name is Darryll Dewan, her mother’s name is Nancy Lee Bursch Smith, her step-dad is Claude Brooks Smith.
- Attended the University of Southern California, but did not graduate.
- Her daughter’s Everly’s middle names are an honor to her great-grandmothers (Elizabeth is after Jenna’s grandmother and Maiselle is after Channing’s grandmother).
- (April 2, 2018) Has separated from her husband of nearly 9 years Channing Tatum.
- Was 3 months pregnant with her daughter Everly when she completed filming the pilot for Witches of East End (2013).
- Has been dating Steve Kazee since 2018; they announced their engagement on February 18, 2020.
- Has two children: daughter Everly Elizabeth Maiselle Tatum (b. May 31, 2013) with ex-husband Channing Tatum; son Callum Michael Rebel Kazee (b. March 6, 2020) with fiance Steve Kazee.
- Was to appear in a 2007 remake of Revenge of the Nerds (1984) starring Adam Brody but after three weeks of filming the project was canceled.
Personal Quotes by Jenna Dewan
I’m a huge karaoke fan. Oh my God. I’m one of those girls who don’t give the mic away. It’s a problem. I’m a closeted pop star.- Jenna Dewan
I really didn’t know how people were going to react to ‘Magic Mike’ because there hasn’t been a movie like it.- Jenna Dewan
I love to act. I want to be doing this forever, and I love to learn from people who I think are better.- Jenna Dewan
Most photo shoots are a beautiful dress, a natural location, and poses.- Jenna Dewan
I would say I was always very ambitious and goal-oriented, but rather than being just a go-getter hustler, now I surrender a lot more and I trust my path a lot more.- Jenna Dewan