Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about John Mulaney. Check it out!
John Mulaney was born on August 26, 1982 in Chicago, Illinois, USA as John Edmund Mulaney. He is a writer and actor, known for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018), John Mulaney: Kid Gorgeous at Radio City (2018) and Saturday Night Live (1975). He has been married to Annamarie Tendler since July 5, 2014.
Interesting Facts about John Mulaney
- Wrote the Stefon sketches on Weekend Update with Saturday Night Live (1975) cast member Bill Hader. Bill Hader and John Mulaney got the idea of Stefon from a shy café worker and a friend who opened many clubs that ‘had everything’.
- Won the 2018 Emmy Award in the Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series category for John Mulaney: Kid Gorgeous at Radio City (2018).
- Maternal great-grandfather was George J. Bates, a mayor of Salem, Massachusetts, from 1924 to 1937, who also served as a congressman (R) from that state, from 1937 to 1949. His great-uncle, William H. Bates, was also a congressman (R) from Massachusetts, from 1950 to 1969.
- He is of Irish, and one eighth German, descent.
- Had two sisters and two brothers, the younger of which is deceased.
- Owns a French Bulldog named Petunia.
- Attended Georgetown University with comedian Nick Kroll.
- On July 5, 2014, Mulaney married make-up artist Annamarie Tendler.
- Mulaney attended St. Clement School and then St. Ignatius College Prep.
- Grew up in Chicago.
- Is a fan of the television show Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999).
- Parents are Ellen, a law professor, and Charles (Chip) W. Mulaney, Jr., an attorney.
Personal Quotes by John Mulaney
As I got into high school and after puberty, I was a little more inward. I was a real extrovert when I was little, but I don’t know, I just got quieter… With my friends, I was still an extrovert.- John Mulaney
All my money is in a savings account. My dad has explained the stock market to me maybe 75 times. I still don’t understand it.- John Mulaney
I don’t make plans anymore. So I’m not living minute to minute.- John Mulaney
I’ve seen most of the major, important shows, but I watch them all at once, like movies, so my TV relationships are still with shows like ‘Law And Order: SVU,’ ‘Shark Tank,’ and HGTV.- John Mulaney
It’s been very funny to try to act like an adult. Even getting dressed. Every day, I’m like, ‘Should I wear a blazer and walk around with an umbrella? Do I carry a briefcase?’ Because I’m trying to be some image of the adults I saw on TV growing up.- John Mulaney