Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Matt Bomer. Check it out!
Matthew Staton Bomer was born in Webster Groves, Greater St. Louis, Missouri, to Elizabeth Macy (Staton) and John O’Neill Bomer IV, a Dallas Cowboys draft pick. Matt was raised in Spring, Texas, and educated at Klein High School, near Houston. After school, he attended Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. Bomer then relocated to New York to forge a career in acting.
Interesting Facts about Matt Bomer
- Bomer is the only actor to portray Superman in both live-action and animated form. He voiced Superman in the film, Superman: Unbound (2013), and played Superman onscreen in two Toyota Prius commercials.
- Graduated from Klein High School class of 1996 in Spring, Texas.
- Born on a Tuesday at 7:20 A.M.
- Filming White Collar (2009) Season 3 in New York City. (April 2014) Filming White Collar (2009) Season 6 in New York City. [May 2011]
- Has one brother Neill, and one sister Megan.
- He was director Brett Ratner’s running favorite choice to play Clark Kent / Superman in Ratner’s remake of Superman (1978). When Ratner left the project, Bryan Singer signed on and the film became a sequel, instead, Superman Returns (2006), Bomer auditioned for the role of “Superman” for Singer but Brandon Routh was cast, instead.
- He has three children, Kit (born 2005), and twins Walker and Henry (born 2008), with husband Simon Halls.
- He is a talented singer, and he has demonstrated it professionally on different occasions. He was invited to sing with Kelli O’Hara in the 2010 Kennedy Center Honors. He also sang with Diahann Carroll on White Collar (2009) S2, Ep13: Countermeasures.
- Father is former Dallas Cowboy John Bomer. Mother is Sissi.
- Bomer lost a great deal of weight–about 40 pounds–for his role in The Normal Heart (2014). Filming on the project shut down between July and November 2013 to allow Bomer to lose the weight.
- While touring Europe as a student in his early twenties, Matt was planning to travel to Israel from Ireland when his luggage was misplaced and he ended up spending a month in Dublin. He also spent time working as a bartender in Galway city in the west of Ireland.
- In 2014, Bomer told Details Magazine that he and his longtime romantic partner, Simon Halls, had actually been married in 2011.
Personal Quotes by Matt Bomer
I consider ‘White Collar’ my home base. I’m so lucky to get to play a character that’s very multifaceted and the writers take risks on and never get into a staid process with.- Matt Bomer
I did a one-off episode of ‘The New Normal’ for Ryan Murphy, and that was the first time I played a gay role.- Matt Bomer
I never feel more confident and comfortable than when I’m wearing a Tom Ford suit.- Matt Bomer
In the end, someone is depending on me to show up on their set looking a specific way, whether that’s 40 pounds overweight or 40 pounds underweight – or looking like a stripper.- Matt Bomer
I lived in several hotels, yeah. You have to try to make it home.- Matt Bomer