Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sally Field. Check it out!
Sally Margaret Field was born in 1946 in Pasadena, California, to actress Margaret Field (née Morlan) and salesman Richard Dryden Field. Her parents divorced in 1950 and her mother then married stuntman Jock Mahoney, and they had a daughter, Princess O’Mahoney. She also has a brother, Richard Field. Sally attended Birmingham High School in Van Nuys, California.
Interesting Facts about Sally Field
- Gave birth at age 25 to her second child, a son, Elijah M. Craig (aka Eli Craig), on May 25, 1972. Child’s father is her first husband, Steven Craig.
- Half-sister of Princess O’Mahoney.
- Moved into a new apartment in a prestigious but very low-key building on Horatio St in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village. [July 2012]
- Is a staunch Democrat.
- Friends with husband and wife Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw.
- Turned down the lead role of Alice Hardy in Friday the 13th (1980).
- Auditioned for the role of Elaine Robinson in The Graduate (1967).
- While filming the scene in Norma Rae (1979) where she is dragged out to the police car, she struggled and kicked so hard that she broke the rib of one of the men playing a police officer.
- Mentioned in the theme song of the 1980s television series The Fall Guy (1981).
- When Sally’s ex-boyfriend Steven Craig proposed in 1968, he couched it in the form of an ultimatum: “Marry me, or I will marry someone else.” Field accepted. The “someone else” was actress Ronne Troup, who in 1967 had begun filming the Flying Nun pilot as the lead (Sister Bertrille) after Field had turned down the role. Troup got bumped when Field (who Screen Gems had actually had in mind for the part from the beginning) was convinced by her stepfather to change her mind and accept the job.
- Graduate of Birmingham High School, Van Nuys, California, Class of 1964 with Michael Ovitz, who later became her agent. Field’s class voted her “Class Clown”. Another fellow student was Cindy Williams.
- Daughter of actress Margaret Field. Ex-stepdaughter of actor Jock Mahoney.
Personal Quotes by Sally Field
I grew up in a show-business family, but we were working-class show business. There was nothing glamorous about it. You had great things one day and the next day, nothing.- Sally Field
I have never been beautiful in cliche terms.- Sally Field
When I was born, the doctor looked at my mother and said, ‘Congratulations, you have an actor!’- Sally Field
You know, people really don’t understand what actors do.- Sally Field
I was raised to sense what someone wanted me to be and be that kind of person. It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.- Sally Field