Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Stacey Dash. Check it out!
Stacey Dash was born in the Bronx, New York. Stacy knew that she wanted to act, and from an early age began to act professionally. She made regular appearances on The Cosby Show (1984), The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990), and also St. Elsewhere (1982). At 21 she made her feature film debut in Enemy Territory (1987), which was quickly followed by Moving (1988), in which she played Richard Pryor’s teenage daughter. Four years later she was in Mo’ Money (1992), with Damon Wayans. In 1994 she starred with Mark Wahlberg in Renaissance Man (1994). In 1995 she did the provocative erotic thriller Illegal in Blue (1995) and later that year got her big break when was cast as Dionne in the hit comedy Clueless (1995). She went on to star in the UPN sitcom Clueless (1996) that was based on the movie, and which lasted for two years. During that time she completed Oliver Stone’s Cold Heart (1997) and also the independent film Personals (1999). After leaving “Clueless” in 1999, Stacey seems to be moving along nicely. She has recently appeared in The Painting (2001) and Paper Soldiers (2002).
Interesting Facts about Stacey Dash
- Is mentioned in the song “Drop” by Timbaland (Timbaland) and Magoo.
- Is of Mexican and Afro-Bajan descent.
- Posed in the August 2006 issue of Playboy.
- Has two children: son Austin Williams (b. October 29, 1991) with ex-boyfriend Christopher Williams (they dated from 1984 to 1992), and daughter Lola Lovell (b. May 10, 2003) with ex-husband Brian Lovell.
- In 2012, she switched her party affiliation from Democratic to Republican.
- Dash voted for Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.
- Graduated from Paramus High School in Paramus, New Jersey.
- Sister of Internet wunderkind Darien Dash, CEO of DME Interactive Holdings.
- (April 30, 2020) Separated from her husband of 2 years Jeffrey Marty.
- Cousin of Damon Dash.
- (April 6, 2018) Married her fourth husband Jeffrey Marty, a lawyer, in Florida just 10 days after they met. She is now a step-mother of three.
- Her first role was as Bambi’s mother in a elementary play.
Personal Quotes by Stacey Dash
I come from nothing.- Stacey Dash
I came across awful characters when I got some kind of status and came to Hollywood. Then you have directors trying to sleep with you, assuming that you will do things because of the way you dress.- Stacey Dash
It’s my constitutional right to have my choice of who I want to vote for for president.- Stacey Dash
I don’t think the federal government should be a part of everything. I think that governing should be done state-by-state… so that you can tailor your governing to the people’s needs.- Stacey Dash
When I say there should not be a BET channel or a Black History Month, I’m saying we deserve more. I just hope people understand that I’m not judging; I’m coming from experience.- Stacey Dash